All people performing construction work in Victoria require proof of having completed a general OHS construction induction for the industry.  

AMCA Victoria are pleased to facilitate the application process for the Construction Induction Training Card (White Card).

For more information please contact the AMCA Training Department.

Induction Card Procedures (Victoria Only)

Replacement of Red Card or transfer to the Construction Induction Card (White Card)

A Victorian Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) ‘Red Card’ that was issued before 1 July 2008 are still valid proof of construction induction training; however, employers may suggest that employees undertake refresher training.

If you hold a 'Red Card', you may be able to apply for a nationally recognised Construction Induction Card (‘White Card’) through a Registered Training Organisation (RTO).

In order to be eligible for a transition, you must be able to provide:

  • Original Red Card in legible condition
  • Current photo identification (e.g. Driver’s Licence or Passport)
  • Proof of current postal address
  • Payment of a nominal fee (as determined by the RTO)

If you do not have a suitable Red Card or the Statement of Attainment issued by the RTO who provided the training, you will need to complete construction induction training to obtain a White Card.

Please contact AMCA Victoria for further information.