Funded by the AMCA, AREMA and the ARBS Foundation, this year marks the fourth Industry Educational Trade Scholarship.
The purpose of this scholarship is to upskill and support apprentices to transition on with currency into the industrial, commercial refrigeration, and air conditioning industries.
Previous scholarship recipients have expressed how this training has been invaluable and the advanced skills learned can be applied directly in the workplace.
The scholarship is available to AMCA, AREMA and other industry members and embodies key units from the Master Refrigeration on Program developed by AMCA.
The aim of the scholarship is to:
- Increase the quality of trained tradespeople in stakeholder industries;
- Support students who have demonstrated aptitude to successfully complete their trade training;
- Support a positive attitude and application on in the workplace and in off -the-job training; and
- Support the professional development of teachers.
Residential course details
The Box Hill residential course will be conducted in June - July and September:
- Week One: 1 - 5 July 2019
- Week Two: 30 September - 4 October 2019
The objectives of this program are to:
- Improve the quality of knowledge of trades people in the Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Industry;
Promote quality outcomes in the vocational education and training system; and
- Increase the awareness of employers and the community of the benefits of participating in further education.
Please download the Scholarship Nomination Form for more information regarding the eligibility criteria.
Nominations must be submitted to the AMCA Training Department by Friday, 31 May 2019.