The ABCB is excited to announce new NCC Continuing Professional Development (CPD) courses set to launch soon. You can now subscribe to keep up to date!
NCC CPD courses will be launching in mid-late 2020, giving building and plumbing practitioners an opportunity to undertake online, self-paced and affordable training to advance their knowledge of the NCC.
As one of the ABCB’s initial responses to the Building Confidence Report, NCC CPD courses are being developed in partnership with industry, government and subject matter experts to ensure that course topics are relevant and of highest priority for practitioners. They are designed to help support practitioners to deepen their understanding and effective application of the requirements of the NCC.
Online training provider, Pointsbuild, is contracted by the ABCB to deliver the courses online to ensure everyone can learn when and where it suits them – especially helpful for professionals navigating some of the current challenges around face-to-face gatherings and state and regional travel restrictions.
What are the benefits of NCC CPD?
The NCC CPD courses offer a range of benefits for individuals, organisations and the broader community:
- Reinforce your NCC knowledge and support your future success.
- Completing CPD adds value to you, your staff and clients by demonstrating your commitment to achieving compliant outcomes.
- The courses are affordable, online and delivered using a mix of video and audio learning tools.
- Best of all, you can complete a course from almost anywhere, at a pace that suits you.
Who are the courses for?
Course are being developed for the following practitioner groups:
- Compliance practitioners including building surveyors and inspectors;
- Design and engineering practitioners including architects, designers, draftspersons, specialists and engineers (including fire and hydraulic); and
- Construct and install practitioners including builders, plumbers, fire protection practitioners, and site/project managers.
When will courses be available?
The first suite of courses will be released from mid-late 2020 onwards.
Practitioners can find out more and subscribe for updates on course availability at cpd.abcb.gov.au/info.