Registrations Close: Friday, 31 January 2020
Join our group of AMCA members for an invaluable study tour to Seattle. Tour attendees are also invited to attend the annual Mechanical Contractors’ Association of America (MCAA) Convention to be held in Maui on 15-18 March 2020.
The four day tour commences on 19 March in Seattle, best known as a global centre to a large number of innovative and high-tech companies such as Amazon, Boeing and Microsoft, and a major gateway for global distribution networks and international trade.
REGISTER HERE NOW!
Program activities have been carefully curated to inform, educate, inspire and provide members with quality networking opportunities to generate new business ideas.
The program (download here) will include business meetings and site visits with leading US contractors - McKinstry, Hermann Company and MacDonald Miller, as well as facility tours of global innovators Boeing Future of Flight and Aviation and Amazon Go.
Social and leisure activities are also planned for world renowned Pike Place Fish Market and Ray's Boathouse, as well as a cocktail evening.
The program aims to deliver unparalleled professional development learnings relevant to the opportunities and challenges faced by the Australian mechanical contracting industry.
Professional Development Objectives
Every site tour, briefing and keynote delivered in Seattle will be carefully curated to deliver a holistic program of professional development learnings for delegates – centred around digital engineering, prefabrication, supply chain integration, construction methodologies and mechanical contracting innovation. The AMCA recognises the importance of global benchmarking best practice and sharing information with leading firms from the USA (who are not in the AMCA direct competitive space).
Participation in our USA Study Tour will give delegates the opportunity to learn:
- How to leverage innovations in construction to deliver challenging developments and new technology to design the building services of the future.
- How to activate new processes drawing upon USA mechanical contractor leaders who deliver data centres, retail, residential and commercial strategies tailored to the USA context.
- How the AMCA can learn from our USA colleague who work with government to initiate, create and promote construction excellence and placemaking opportunities
- How to work with the supply chain to identify, activate and maintain financially viable projects that contribute to improved outcomes to the client.
- How industry and AMCA can become thought leaders making the case for necessary critical building services infrastructure that unlocks high performing buildings.
$4,500 per person.
Program cost inclusions
- Single/Twin share accommodation for 4 nights - Seattle
- Daily Breakfast
- Transfers as included in the program
- Meals as included in the program
- Functions as included in the program
- Fully hosted site tours and presentations as included in the program
- Guided tours as included in the program
- Gratuities on arranged meals and transport
- Flights: Return international airfares (quotes can be requested through Destination)
- Travel Insurance
- MCAA Convention attendance (separate link provided for registration)
- All room incidental charges and personal expenses
- Phone and internet expenses
- Meals not specified in program
- Hermanson Company
- MacDonald Miller
- Boeing Future of Flight and Aviation
- Amazon Go
Register here by close of business Friday, 31 January 2020.