Whether your client is the builder, owner, contractor or sub-contractor, supplier or lender the issues in building and construction law are complex and difficult to clarify.
The Thomson Reuters 2018 Building & Construction Law Conference is taking place on the 27, 28 and 29 November 2018 in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. It is a one-day intensive for construction lawyers and industry professionals in the building, construction, property, infrastructure, engineering and associated industries. The Conference aims to remove uncertainty, reduce the risk of litigation and increase building compliance.
Featured speakers include:
- Ian Bailey AM SC, Wentworth Chambers
- Lisa Stankiewicz, Group General Counsel, McConnell Dowell
- Glen O'Neill, Group General Manager - HSE & Construction Legal, Mirvac
- Anna-Athanasia Dervenis, Vice President Legal Counsel Brookfield Property
- Jodi Palmer, General Counsel, BMD Group
- Plus construction law experts from Allens, Norton Rose Fullbright, Clayton Utz and many more.
The Conference will help you:
- Understand the distinction between delay, disruption and concurrent delay - and how you can factor that in to your contracts
- Learn about the recommendations of the Murray Review of Security of Payments legislation
- Learn how to navigate Insolvency reform and Ipso Facto for the construction industry
- Strengthen your construction contracts to manage risk
- Be updated on the regulatory responses to the "cladding crisis" after Grenfell
- Understand what works and when in construction disputes
- Understand and reduce your litigation risk
Visit the conference website for more information.