Handle class A2/A2L flammable refrigerants
This course provides students with the skills and knowledge required to safely handle, use, store, and transport A2/A2L classified flammable refrigerants.
The course includes working safely; complying with relevant legislative, regulatory/licensing, standards and codes requirements; relevant performance characteristics; manufacturers’ recommendations/ instructions and industry practices; and completing the necessary documentation.
This course is suitable for refrigeration and air conditioning technicians responsible for installing, commissioning, servicing, repairing and maintaining residential or commercial refrigeration and air conditioning systems containing A2/A2L classified flammable refrigerants. These activities are likely to be undertaken without supervision.
A person undertaking this course must have:
• A trade level qualification or equivalent experience
• A refrigerant handling licence issued by the Australian Refrigeration Council (ARC)
• A Victorian plumbing registration issued by the Victorian Building Authority in the class of Refrigerated Air Conditioning.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
• Apply the principles of handling class A2/A2L flammable refrigerants using relevant standards and codes of practice
• Recover, pressure test, evacuate and recharge a refrigeration system using A2/A2L flammable refrigerants on more than one occasion in accordance with workplace safety requirements and codes of practice.
• Check that the system is operating within manufacturers specifications
• Handle, transport, store and dispose of A2/A2L flammable refrigerants in accordance with workplace safety requirements and codes of practice.
Delivery and assessment
This two-day course is delivered by a qualified trainer at the Refrigeration and Climate Control Centre of Excellence, Box Hill Institute.
• Day 1 – Theory and knowledge: Online or classroom delivery
• Day 2 – Practical: Delivered at Box Hill Institute.
Assessment for this course includes:
• An online examination covering theory and knowledge (day 1)
• A practical assessment of skills and competency (day 2)
Students who successfully complete this course will receive a Statement of Attainment from Box Hill Institute for Handle Class A2/A2L Flammable Refrigerants (VU22583).
Completion of this course can also be used as an elective course for the Course in Heating, Ventilation, and Air-Conditioning Services (22329VIC).
Cost and payment
This course is offered by Box Hill Institute at the industry rate of $440.
Refund and cancellation policy
This course is subject to the Terms and Conditions offered by Box Hill Institute of TAFE.
This full day course is offered six times throughout 2022.
|Day 1 (Theory)
||Day 2 (Practical)
How to register
Registrations can be made by phone Box Hill Refrigeration Department - 03 9286 9295