Advice Clients on heating, ventilation and air conditioning
This unit provides the skills and knowledge required to provide information and advice to clients on heating, ventilation and air conditioning services. It focuses on environmental responsibilities and includes an overview of relevant legislation.
This unit is applicable to trade and post-trade technicians working in the HVAC sector and who are required to provide advice to clients as part of their role. This is likely to be undertaken without supervision.
This course is suitable for refrigeration and air conditioning technicians responsible for installing, commissioning, servicing, repairing and maintaining residential or commercial refrigeration and air conditioning systems containing A2/A2L classified flammable refrigerants. These activities are likely to be undertaken without supervision.
A person undertaking this course shall have:
• A trade level qualification or equivalent experience
• A refrigerant handling licence issued by the Australian Refrigeration Council (ARC)
• A Victorian plumbing registration issued by the Victorian Building Authority in the class of Refrigerated Air Conditioning.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
• Determine service responsibilities
• Provide environmentally sustainable options to clients
• Document advice for clients
Delivery and assessment
This two-day course is delivered by a qualified trainer at the Refrigeration and Climate Control Centre of Excellence, Box Hill Institute.
• Day 1 – Theory and knowledge: Online or classroom delivery
• Day 2 – Practical: Delivered at Box Hill Institute.
Assessment for this course includes:
• An online examination covering theory and knowledge (day 1)
• A practical assessment of skills and competency (day 2)
Students who successfully complete this course will receive a Statement of Attainment from Box Hill Institute for Advise clients on heating, ventilation and air conditioning services (VU21958).
Completion of this course can also be used as an core unit for the Course in Heating, Ventilation, and Air-Conditioning Services (22329VIC).
Cost and payment
This course is offered by Box Hill Institute at the industry rate of $440.
Refund and cancellation policy
This course is subject to the Terms and Conditions offered by Box Hill Institute of TAFE.
This full day course is offered six times throughout 2022.
|Day 1 (Theory)
||Day 2 (Practical)
How to register
Registrations can be made by phone Box Hill Refrigeration Department - 03 9286 9295