This course was created by the Air Conditioning & Mechanical Contractors’ Association to share knowledge, support talent, and promote growth across the industry.
Attendance Certificate and Statement of Completion
Once you have completed assessment requirements to a satisfactory level, you will be issued with an Attendance Certificate from Ultimate TAFE and a Statement of Completion from AMCA, valid for 5 years from the course date. If any standards or regulations change during the validity period, AMCA will issue a notification for candidates to undertake a Refresher Course.
Your coursework will cover:
- Planning and execution of safety tests on key essential safety services in commercial buildings
- Coordination of maintenance of essential safety measures
- Identification of relevant building codes and standards related to the essential safety services being tested and maintained
- Appropriate documentation of tests, maintenance, and faults
A training manual and student version of relevant standards will be provided.
To participate in this course, you must have:
- Relevant mechanical services trades qualifications from a recognised technical institution
- Minimum of three years’ experience in maintenance, commissioning, inspection, or testing of fire and smoke control systems
Delivery and assessment
This course takes place across two full days, comprising face-to-face learning via scheduled classes, workplace learning, and practical assessment.
To pass this course, you will need to successfully complete a practical assessment which will involve:
- Planning essential service maintenance of buildings
- Carrying out essential service maintenance inspection of a building
- Providing essential service maintenance records
This course runs for two full days, from 8.00 a.m. to 4.45 p.m. at Ultimo TAFE.
We offer the course 4 times a year.
|Day 1. Theory
|| Day 2. Practical
|5 March 2021
|| 19 March 2021
|7 May 2021
|| 21 May 2021
|13 August 2021
|| 27 August 2021
|22 October 2021
|| 5 November 2021
Cost and payment
This course is offered to AMCA members and RACCA members at a discounted rate, with complimentary tea and coffee provided on the day.
All prices include GST.
Refund and cancellation policy
A full refund will be provided if the AMCA is notified in writing at least 10 working days prior to the course. We reserve the right to cancel, postpone, or reschedule due to insufficient registrations or other reasons beyond our control. In the event of a cancellation, a full refund will be provided.
How to apply
Complete a registration form and return to AMCA New South Wales.